Friday, September 7, 2012

Value Project Answers

For the final value project, I liked the way the pieces turned out.  Even though there were not all of the colors on a color wheel, the contrasts of the colors melded together to make a beautiful piece of art.  I think that this project and last drawing we did were very sucessful.  I learned a great deal on how to shade and use values in a piece of artwork.  I think that if I were to redo this project I would practice blending the oil pastels more before I tried to do a final.  To me, the most difficult part of this project was blending the pastels because I hadn't worked with them very much before hand and trying to make a shape have depth and value without knowing the tools is difficult.  All in all, I liked this project but I would like to have more practice before making a final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment