Thursday, September 20, 2012

Value Portraits Project



For this project, I first had to choose a picture of the person.  Next, using tracing paper, I outlined the shape of the values found in the persons image.  After that, I transferred the shapes of the values onto paper in my sketchbook.  Finally, I drew the image and values using what I had outlined, using the original picture as a guideline for shading.  We looked for individual values by looking through the tracing paper onto the picture of the model.  Then we just drew the shape of the different values we could see through the paper.  In my portrait, I think that I found a full range of values because on a person's face.  I believe that I did find it because, looking at it, you can see the depth and shape through values and my project ended up showing depth and shape while also being 2D. If I searched harder, I know that I could find more values, perhaps some darker values as well.  Looking at the craftsmanship, I know that I could've done better by finding even more shapes of values and a larger range of values.  I do think that my portrait that I created had good craftsmanship, even if I can make it better.  At first some obstacles I found were that I didn't understand the way to do the lesson and I wasted a sheet of tracing paper on that but after Ms. Rossi explained the lesson I restarted and did it the right way.  Another thing I had trouble with was that finding the values was kind of hard.  I had to search under the tracing paper to find some values to make the project look normal and not flat.  That was what the Value Portraits Project was all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment